How to Vote for Shaun

Vote for Shaun on August 11th and November 3rd 

You can vote for Shaun on two days: the primary election on Tuesday, August 11th and the general election on Tuesday, November 3rd. On each of those days, your local polling place will be open between the hours of 7am and 8pm. The 49th Assembly District covers all of Grant County, the western half of Richland County, a corner of southwest Lafayette County, and municipalities on the western boundary of Iowa County. 

If you’re registered to vote and would like to vote absentee (under Wisconsin law you do not need a reason or excuse), you can submit an absentee ballot request online today (this option is already available for the August and November elections. Alternatively, you can fill out an absentee ballot voting application and mail or email it to your municipal clerk.


They must receive your application no later than 5 p.m. on the Thursday before Election Day. A paper copy or email image of your photo ID should accompany the application (unless one has been provided in the past). After you receive your ballot in the mail, complete and return it to your municipal clerk no later than 8pm on Election Day (drop off in person for the most secure delivery). 

You may also vote an in-person absentee ballot. Towns, villages, and cities set the dates and hours of in-person absentee voting. To find out the dates and hours, contact your municipal clerk.

If you are not registered to vote, you can fill out a voter registration form and return it to your municipal clerk in one of three ways:


You can also register on Election Day at your polling place, where voter registration forms are available. Just make sure you bring a document that proves your residence, such as your driver’s license (if it has your current address printed on it), property tax bill, residential lease, utility bill, bank statement, or paycheck.

Photo IDs are required on Election Day. If you are a UW-Platteville college student and don’t have a Wisconsin driver’s license, you can use your student ID card. Just be sure to bring electronic or paper proof that you are enrolled, such as a class schedule, tuition fee receipt, or enrollment verification letter.

If you have any questions, please contact your municipal clerk, or visit

Do you need help submitting your absentee ballot request? If so, contact us, and we’ll help.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram

Sign up for campaign e-mail updates today

Learn About Campaign Updates

Paid for by Shaun for Rural Wisconsin

Myron Tranel, Treasurer

Kaila Wilson, Campaign Manager


Phone: 608-462-3715 (Shaun's Cell Phone)

            608-330-1893 (Campaign Manager Kaila Wilson's Cell Phone)



Shaun's Address: Shaun Murphy-Lopez, 20548 Cave Road, Yuba (Hillsboro), WI 54634

Campaign Address: Shaun for Rural Wisconsin, PO Box 118, Platteville, WI 53818

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram